Holey snail

Hi! image Do you remember me saying i kept finding snail shells whith holes in? The general consensus was that this was done by a vole, ive found another and i think the hole is too small to be a vole, too precise to be a bird. Ive got visions of it being a weird spider which is a bit scarey! The wonderful Victoria Sponge has agreed to post a pic for me, so that will be along soon image thank you so much Vic xxxxxxx

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,719

Sorry for the delayimage

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    No worries, theres no rush anyhow, was it a pain to do? Its this phone, it was OH cast off, not one i would have chosen! image

Thank you x
    Now then, could someone please tell me this wasnt done by a mutant spider thats going to hunt me down in the veggie plot! Eeek image
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,848
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    Thanks pansyface

Its a good candidate, but it dosent say anything about going in through the shell, ifi d little clusters of these shells which is why i was happy to go along with the mouse/vole theory, but that hole dosent look right for a mammal.

I really find it creepy image
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,848

Well how about this one? This is tough!image

http://markgtelfer.co.uk/beetles/drilidae-drilus-flavescens/

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    Ooo, now thats got a chance, but im defenately not on chalk, isnt it strange? Thanks for looking for me, i havent found anything image
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,028
    Another part of Mark Telfer's blog suggests the Leopard slug as a possible culprit

http://markgtelfer.co.uk/?s=driller+killer
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I saw that, but then thought surely not because they dont have anything sharp, they only have a rasp, but the slug theory would make the most sense, as i know i have these in the garden.

Id feel better knowing it was something slow like a slug image

The hole is tiny verd, it would have to be something like a tit or a wren. image