Forum home The potting shed

summer days

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,627

We have just enjoyed our first summer's day this year. Hooray!  A stunning 26 degrees Celcius.

But already some plants are over and gone. And the hours of darkness are definitely getting longer.

What plant is the first one that heralds the end of summer for you? For me it is seeing the buds of the Sedum spectabile begin to colour. Fortunately, the buds are still pale green. Time for another spritzer.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    When the veggies like runner beans come out image, then have a big bonfire image
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,627

I was thinking of making a bonfire of mine today, and then I saw two miniature beans, all of 1 cm long. Two beans!!!! I'll give them another chance.image

Our first summer's day, yes.

Edd, you are way ahead of me.....

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

When the sun goes down and they become summer nights....oh oh those summer ni-iiightsssss (sorry that is meant to be a tribute to Grease....couldn't resist image) I think the us has affected me image

It's OK OL, I like that song.image

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    On this estate, the end of summer could be when the crimbo lights go up! image
  • Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

That should have said 'sun has affected me' Glad you like it Pansy but just as well you can't hear me singing it image

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..I tend to think summer is over when the Last Night of the Proms takes place...

..it hasn't long started, so we've a way to go yet...lol...

• I would offer my body for a bucket of snow!  image