Forum home Talkback

Talkback: Watering priorities

SourabhSourabh Posts: 3
You might not have to face these water priorities while using artificial plants. Because you don't require any of these things while using silk plants.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,574

But that wouldn't be gardening, would it?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,574

imageimage

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

What??? Did I read that right image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,864

You'd need these for pollination 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

And David K's avatar to not eat our silk plants image

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Erm image

I think I'd rather my twice daily jaunts around the garden with my special needs wheelbarrow full of watering cans.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Silk plants would get jolly soggy in the rainimage Perhaps the only way is plasticimage

• Stacey DochertyStacey Docherty Posts: 1,759
    I have said it before but will recall the tale... When we moved In to our house I marveled at how despite not tending the garden the flowers were lovely... A few days later and I realised it was a collection of material and plastic flowers throughout and artificial ivy strung up over the fence panel. Lol 4 carrier bags we withdrew from the garden. Just out of badness I keep one of the yellow plastic chrysanthemums in the kitchen ( in a vase!)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,864
    pansyface wrote (see)

Oh, can I sing Plastic Man while I do it? Love Ray Davies. Sorry, old, old.image

I'm also a big Ray Davies fan - big pics on my bedroom wall when I was a teenager - then in my 40s when I was working for a bit music festival, I met actually met him and drank champagne with him (along with some colleagues) image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Clarington, what a fab idea....I just need to fix my wheelbarrow which has a flat tyre again and I can't fix it (cars yes wheelbarrows no!!) need OH.....off to the sexism thread now image