Forum home Talkback

more coming soon

weejennyweejenny Posts: 386

Id like to see all of us putting a wee bit info down (in our profiles) about ourselves even if its just the county you live in or how you rate yourself as a gardener, newbie to old timer. I could mention a few names that keep coming up with really good advice obvious old timers and when I click on their name! more coming soon!!!

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

We should-and just for you have added somethingimage

Of course- could be one of those that come up with duff advice- might take it away againimage

• FloBearFloBear Posts: 2,281

It's nice when people take the trouble, weejenny.

I added a little bit the other day. I'm just going to check it's not total rubbish!!

• I like to keep a low profile in case the cat owners come for me. However, I will admit to living north of Stonehenge and south of the Craven Fault and being omniscient.

• weejennyweejenny Posts: 386

Thanks so much sotongeoff, FloBear and Joe_the_gardener and yes its nice when people take the trouble. Sotongeoff I often read your advice..image

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

Me too, Joe image

But I will admit to living in North Yorks and not being in the first bloom of youth.

Oh, and having a regularly-flooded front garden.

• Peat BPeat B Posts: 441

I'm a grumpy old gran'fer, wedded to my wife and the 'lotty. I have a passion for compost, and all veggies, wildlife and pond life. We have 8 fat frogs in our makeshift pond, nice mint growing in the pond,and Vee goes chattering to the frogs when we are up there. We are in Northumberland, on a NE facing slope, short growing season, clarty ground, and have a hive of bees in one corner. I concurr with Joe, about cat ass trophies, but the growing numbers of birds are learning to 'mob' the cats.

Sometime we feel that we have 'terminal uniqueness' with crop failures and similar, but this forum takes it away, when one learns of others gowing thru' the same difficulties.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,794

I've been gardening since I was 3 and I reach pension age next year.  My other half's only real competition was Geoffrey Smith imageimage

I've had all sorts of gardens, from a 9 acre smallholding to a northfacing back yard no bigger than my dining room - at last I've got a reasonable garden and have dug a veg patch and am busy creating a garden from an ivy-covered wilderness.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Added a bit on mine too.The only bit I'll add in my defence to the cat-haters is that, having never owned a cat, I took in a stray last year, who turned out to be pregnant image. I kept one kitten. However, I kept both in till he was 6 months old and they don't stray, are both micro-chipped, and never allowed out at night. My bird feeders are in places they can't reach. I have had to net my raised beds as when I put up a fleece tent earlier this year they both thought it was a nice little house to keep the rain off them. I find the old squirt with water trick helps to keep them off too. Cats can be trained, it's mainly the owners who are the problem. If I ever find out who owned the mother, I'll present them with a bill for £500, which is what it cost in vets bills for 4 kittens.

• pashpash Posts: 109

Hope your happy weejenny!

• Peat BPeat B Posts: 441

Can't help it, but I keep reading sotongeoff as stroganoff !