Early sown biennials

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

You should be OK planting the forget-me nots if they're a decent size, I would have thought. Or perhaps you could put them in a temporary, less shaded, bed?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,152

Glad you asked the Q Hollie-Hock. I sowed forget-me-nots, viola and coneflowers, beginning of June and they are still in seed compost, at the true leaf stage, so ready to pot on but wasn't sure whether to keep potting on until autumn time and then plant out.

Was going to sow foxglove, bellis and sweet william in the next few day's too for next year but that's where my knowledge ends regarding biennials. I don't have any room to plant out until Autumn when everything is dying back, can you help Alina with advise. They are all labelled as hardy but I was wondering how hardy is that, will they survive snow and being planted out over winter untill next year.      

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

They will survive over winter in this country and flower next year

• Hi Guy's! 

Very disappointed with my bienials/perenials I sowed this year! It has been a very  strange year this year I must admit! But hey! Forever the optimist! There's always next year! 

If I get a dozen plants! I;ll be happy!!