Name please

Good evening, can anyone tell me what this plant is: It was resident in my garden when we moved in and although i like it its a constant battle to stop it overcrowding my other plants.  thanks in advance

• sorry it wouldn't let me upload the other one

• LORELEILORELEI Posts: 128
    Is it a bergenia (elephants ears )? Not sure having never grown it.Next door have some in their front garden and it looks quite like that. Sorry I cant be very helpful.
  • DaintinessDaintiness Posts: 949

What colour/shape/size are the flowers?

• LilylouiseLilylouise Posts: 1,014

The leaf is similar to a Brunnera

Pam x

• Daintiness from what i can remember they are white...they definately aren't blue Pam (seached for Brunnera and all the pictures had blue flowers)

• LORELEILORELEI Posts: 128
    Having had another look I dont think it is elephants ears the leaves not quite the same. Does it flower ?
  • figratfigrat Posts: 1,619
    Possibly asarum cordatum, wild ginger?
  • backyardeebackyardee Posts: 132

definately not a bergenia, the leaves don't look leathery enough. It looks more like a petasites, a butterbur. They have fine hairs on the underneath of the leaves where they are grey, and travel by creeping along the top of the ground.

• MuddyForkMuddyFork Posts: 375

could it be Butterbur, (Petasites), it spreads very easily and flowers in spring when very few if any leaves are evident. 

• backyardee, i don't recall seeing fine hairs on the underneath nor does it travel across the top of the ground.  it seems to travel underground by a tuber like thing and then just pops up anywhere and everywhere.  I did see a picture of wild ginger and it did look like that i thought.  I'll have to take a another picture when it flowers.

Thanks for all your replies.