Forum home Wildlife gardening

Interesting visitor to the bird table this morning

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,850

We are talking Christchurch, New Zealand, aren't we?

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,850

Two visitors to our garden the other day.  We normally have a family of mum, dad and youngster. Mum must have gone off for a rest.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,371

I thought Christchurch, Dorset. UKimage

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,531

Yes, he's in the UK - check out his earlier posts image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• NetfellaNetfella Posts: 54
    Yeah Christchurch Dorset, south but not that south image. He's still around, sitting only about 10 feet away from me. He seems to have become part of the sparrow gang.

Well, finches tend to live in little flocks - I expect he's glad he's found some friends image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800
    Ah, that's so sweet, glad the little man has found some friends. I hope they look after him image
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,371

I bet the other sparrows think hes a bit flash.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • NetfellaNetfella Posts: 54
    Having looked up the Red Bishops, the females look really like sparrows. So he probably thinks he's suddenly become very popular with the girls.

imageimageimage