The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Why is it White when it was Purple?

2»

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,822

I have had a few strange colours this year. My Rosa filipes seedling that normally has a pink bud, but opens to white,has all pink flowers at the top of the hawthorn where it gets more sunshine. The rest of the flowers are white.

I have a dahlia,that for 2 years has been peach and coral, but this year is opening a much deeper colour.

certainly some sweet peas that I have are a much deeper colour than on the packet. I have put it down to the weather. I cant see what else would be different. The dahlias are in a different position, but the rose is neither pruned nor fed.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,822

I found this tonight looking for a Cornus. Maybe the weather does have something to do with it.

Cornus kousa 'Miss Satomi' is an exceptionally free flowering selection with masses of large, rich-pink flower bracts in June. On occasions white flowers may be borne, sometimes on the north side of the plant whilst the south facing aspect has pink flowers.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,282

Will its on a southfacing fence and always has been.  The funny this is I quite fancied a white one and thought I might plant it close by so they would intertwine.  Perhaps senility really has set in and I did this and just forgot about it!!!!!

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,293

Ah well..........if it is just senility as opposed to conspiracy.......join the clubimage

• hi all would love to grow this but every time I buy one it gets killed off in winter. some  help with this please on how to get this plant thru a winter after been planted in the ground all summer.

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,282

Hi Anthony,  I live in suburban area in the midlands, Ive had a passionflower at every house Ive lived in and they have never been a problem.  I havent done anything special, do you live in a colder rural area where you might get colder winters?

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • ToadyToady Posts: 55
    The white flower may be a "sport" which is a naturally occurring phenomenon, new varieties sometimes come from propagation of "sports". I once witnessed a white flower on one stem of a pink Hydrangea but failed to take a cutting and have never seen said Hydrangea produce another like it, doh!
2»