Monty's scimitar saw in July 4th episode

Dear Monty

Can you please tell me where you bought your scimitar-like saw that you chopped the blighted quince tree down with? I would like to get one too!

Thanks 

Aly

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,333

As far as I know, Monty doesn't visit these boards.

Haven't watched GW yet but I have a curved puning saw head which fits my Wolf system handles so I can choose whatever length suits the job.    The saw makes very short work of banches that are a bit too thick for my loppers and it proved very uesful when my 12 year old parrotia persica was felled by lightening last year and I had to cut thorugh its trunk to remove the carcase.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,149
    Don't know what make the saw was but I can recommend the Japanese Gomtaro pruning saw. So sharp it comes with two blade protectors round it. And it cut my skin simply by resting on it.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Is it because it looked a bit like a sword???? Big boys toys? It did appear to be very good, ive never had one that effective, on saying that i suppose his hasnt been left in the rain and is now rusty! image

Im afraid its going to be a pruning saw google for you image
  • jayne 1jayne 1 Posts: 37

Haha I laughed when I watched it last night. Was waiting for a post like this. Haha. Good luck with your search and if you find one I'm sure a lot of people would like to know too.image 

• Waz200Waz200 Posts: 54

That saw was bad ass image, it went through those branches with minimum effort. Wouldn't mind one myself.

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    You just want to play pirates!image
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,962

Not sure if it was the saw or the muscle that Monty could exert that made the saw look so good. I find pruning saws are so much more effective (even for a girlie) because you are cutting on the draw.

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Waz200Waz200 Posts: 54
    bekkie hughes wrote (see)
    You just want to play pirates!image

Arrrrrrr Mateys get that deck scrubbed.

imageimageimage