Nasal Polyp OP

Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,017
My 15 year old daughter goes into hospital tomorrow for the removal of a nasal polyp.It will involve a GA and likely overnight stay. I have to admit I'm worried but its stupid I know,its not brain surgery.But then any OP has the potential to cause worry,especially when our children are involved.Roll on Friday...

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Best wishes to you and your daughter, totally normal to be worried x image
  • Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Best wishes to your daughter Fishy and to yourself and Mrs Fishy.  It's totally normal to be worried, I remember my youngest having his tonsils out, that's a 'something and nothing' op, more so than your daughter'a and he didn't even have to stay in. I still cried when he went to theatre!!!  I felt a right muppet image Before you know it she will be home again ((hugs)) for all the Fishes image

• I'm your man, Fishy..had them for years. Had them removed twice, but they come back. At the moment taking a course of steroids & antibiotics.....usually keeps them at bay for about six months.....together with a steroid nasal spray  which I use twice a day all the time.

Operation pretty routine for a ENT Consultant....if they pack the cavity (they don't always) removing this packing can be unpleasn't.....but not overly so.

• PS. Feel free to PM me if you need an ear.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 11,255

Best wishes to your daughter fishy, hope all goes well, hugs.

Can remember when my son had his tonsils out too, bless him but he stayed in for over a week, your son was out quick OL 

• Please excuse my rubbish posts....I'm not at home at the mo and struggling with a clapped-out laptop.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,226

Sounds more painful than dangerous. My sympathy to victim and parents.

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,017
    Thank you guys for your lovely replies. OL and lily,that's good your sons were fine after their ops.I know my daughter will be fine but as parents we start to imagine all sorts of things.

David - your posts are fine and thank you for the 'ear',though its a nose we might need :-P Seriously though,thanks for that post-op insight.In fact,I've had nasal polyps too,though when I first had them (about 4 years ago) my doctor prescribed an antihistamine along with steroid drops and I've never had them that bad since (touch wood). I've never had surgery but can sometimes feel the polyps trying to make their presence known,especially at this time of year with all the pollen about.It seems I'm lucky though as regards response to treatment.
  • LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,030

My Dad had the op a very long time ago now Fishy and hasn't had a problem since.  Hope your daughter is a lucky.  

It's a parent's job to worry but this time tomorrow you should have nothing to worry aboutimage  How is Mrs Fishy - it's not too long since she was in hospital?  Hope she has fully recovered now.

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,188

With you Fishy - its our job to worryimage.  Hope she makes a very speedy recoveryimage

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......