Could anyone ID this plant for me please?

Carlos4Carlos4 Posts: 13

This plant has returned again after first making an appearance last year. It appeared in among the dog daisy.It is around a meter tall but doesn't have any scent. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,271

Linaria purpurea

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • Carlos4Carlos4 Posts: 13

Thanks very much fidget. image How it go there I have no idea? Would it be dropped off by birds do you think?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,271

It scatters around easily once you have it.I find it beneath the oak,and I suppose its birds that dropped it. There is a pink version as well, often called "Canon Went"

My bees seem to really like it, they've been on it all day.image

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
    Edd, The daisy came from the bloke across the road but he didn't have a clue what the purple plant was. I think the birds probably planted it for me!

Fidget, the bees were all over this one too! I originally thought it was a weed but as the bees liked it (and it did look nice against the white) it survived the cut!
  • GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,095

Purple toadflax. Pretty in the right area. Pulls out easily if you don't want it. Other plant possibly Leucanthemum, shasta daisy?

Will do Edd.

GM not sure what the other plant is called. I've known it as 'dog daisy'??
  • rubberrubber Posts: 80

I have this in my border and it is one of my favourites as it keeps flowering for months and the bees love it. It is a definite bonus that it self seeds as I want more! I hsve the pink one two.