Forum home Problem solving

Problems with newly planted topiary box hedge.

• Pauly D wrote (see)

aaaaaaaaaah Does not sound good... image ooooh! ok - I shall do that right now, and possibly get it dug out straight away!
    THANKS!

Don't worry, it's probably no more than a duff plant at this early stage & easily rectified...much more of a problem if it had been part of an established hedge.

• Pauly DPauly D Posts: 20

I think you have hut it on the nail! By the look of those images I would say it is blight indeed... Thanks for your efforts.

By chance do you know anythng about Rhododendron's? I have started a new thread on that haha : )

• Pauly D wrote (see)

By chance do you know anythng about Rhododendron's? I have started a new thread on that haha : )

After the years I've spent gardening, there are very few mysteries left.

I'll take a look at your rhodo thread.

• My attempt to shape a topairy rabbit, free hand, given a short back & sides yesterday: image

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/P6040004.jpg

Nice image GOOD WORK!!!  There should be a 'like' button... I have and egg basket shaped as a hen that the misses was given as a pressie - but now it has ended up in the garden image - button of it cut out - in a put - with a box plant currently growing in it... Its had a few cuts and point in the right direction- but needing it to fill out some what..... I have a feeling that this is going to be a few years project, ha!  Not to worry.

Here below; Is the newly planted box hedge (08/03/12). Plant on the far left (as you look at it) was the one that was given me problems..... No longer with us.

• Well done, Paul! Remember 'from little acorns, giant oaks grow'.  image

Thanks very much David! Yes, so ture, good little saying indeed....It's getting there now, new growth as occured of course so starting filling out and merge together : ). I judt love box. Don't know what it is, really - maybe its just what you can do with them - different shapes, such as yourself shaping a rabbitimage etc... If you were to buy that at a a garden centre it would be very pricey.. I would have to speak to the bank manager for a loan to buy oneimage

ps> Sorry I did notice you had posted on my Rhodo thread and thanks for that. noted! I shall get a ph testing kit next time i am at the garden centre.... Suppose no need to panic at this stage - but will prepare for next season! Finger's crossed.

Cheersimage

• Paul - no need to ever buy box plants again, once you have a few. When you trim them, you can use the trimmings for cuttings....they take root really well.

• This is a box ball I grew from a tiny cutting:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/BoxBall.jpg

Ah David ....That is very true : ) and that is what I shall do - take cuttings and keep.

Thats good to know that they take root nice and easy and as I can see above good results occur, good work!

Is this the standards I've to meet or..... even beatimage

Cheers for now. (ps got some "Growmore"yesterday).