Forum home Plants

My love lies bleeding (again)

Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

Here is the love lies bleeding, again.  I was trying to send it in a personal message but couldn't get the photo on there.  Sorry to bore you all with it again.  But it now has lots of new little fluffy growths on it, and the original one is really droopy.  Ahhh!

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,093

Surelyr love lies bleeding flowers are always sprawled in the mudimage

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,786

imageimage

That's come on quite a bit you know, Busy Bee!

I see it's getting a tuft at each joint too...

They are peculiar things aren't they?image

Is anyone else growing amaranthus this year? I'll put a pic of mine on when it's flower comes out properly.

Thanks for that BBimage

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

Quite possibly Nut!  It is not something that it would have occurred to me to grow in a million years, but Victoria has grown some from seed, so we are swapping notes and progress updates.  We read that they get to be 1.5m tall, which seems a bit of a steep growth curve for an annual, but I have left it lots of mud (space) and am curious to see what it does.  But the system wouldn't let me send the picture in a message, and thus it is rapidly becoming the most over publicised plant on the forum - a kind of horticultural equivalent of Nigel the dog.  People will be saying 'why has that woman put that sorry looking plant on the forum AGAIN??'image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,093

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,786

That can be its name now- Nigel!