Unidentified Plant

FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

This has been posted on a facebook gardening group, it looks like something I've seen growing at Arley Hall and Gardens. I can't remember the name. Do you have any idea? Thanks

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    What a strange one, never seen anything like it! Is the pic from the uk? image
  • BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,826

Is it that hardy Begonia thing?

• FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

Yes it's in the uk

I think this will be one for Dove maybe image
    Its growing like a mullein, but ive never seen one like that! image
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,244

Not the hardy begonia thing if you mean evansiana Berghill. That hasn't got a fur coat

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,704

I know I've seen it before - furry stems and all - but where ...... where..........where image

Thinking hat on ...........................................

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,826

Annoying but I too have seen it before, but the name escapes me. By the way there are Begonias with red hairy stems, but I think the leaves are bigger and redder than on the shown plant.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,704

Could it be vitis cognitae? image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,177

Dove.......if that is Vitis C. then we were discussing the wrong plant on the Russian Vine thread..........my fault.......I need to look up  the name of the one I was talking about.......hope that makes senseimage

The one shown above if a climber........not a Kiwi or related......Akebia ?  Probably not tho as someone would have known it I suspectimage