Forum home Plants

Jasmine - which one?

DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post.

Can anyone identify this? It's growing in my son's garden on a SW facing wall.  I think it could be evergreen but he only moved in a month ago so I'm not sure. The overall impression is of cream flowers and it smells wonderful.  

Hope the pictures have worked

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Hi, welcome image

Your son is very lucky that looks like a chilean jasmine/ trachelospurmum jasimiodies (ropy at spelling sorry!), a very healthy one too, im a bit jelous! image
  • DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

Do you think so - wow - it is very sheltered with old walls all the way round the garden.  I spent some time googling before I posted and hoped/wished it was that but decided he couldn't be that lucky.  I sat outside there the other evening and the perfume was glorious - much nicer than the bog-standard jasmines I have.

Thank you image

• That is an impressive plant - I'm getting trachelospermum envy too now image mine is sooooo small still and grows soooooo slowly!

• And welcome from me too image

• DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

Thank you Jess, this is a lovely friendly forum image  It must have been there for years I think - the main stem is as thick as my wrist - so you'll just have to be patient I suppose but it will be well worth the wait.