Forum home Plants

ID please

Chris NChris N Posts: 19

When we bought some bedding we thought these plants might blend in nicely with the usual stuff but they had no labels in - could somebody ID the ones on the right for me please.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,815
    The plants on the left (large leaves) look like the bedding-type nicotianas.

The one with the yellow flowers and succulent-type leaves I don't recall seeing before, but someone will know them

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Aha, some googling has come up with this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portulaca_grandiflora

It looks as if it's something along those lines - it says that sparrows like eating the flowers so you'd better top up the bird table to distract them image
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Chris NChris N Posts: 19

How did you manage to google that so quick? I've been searching the www for ages and the term 'needle in a hay stack' comes to mind. image

They're Petunias on the left, not been in that long so a bit smaller than my others at the moment.

I've worked as a researcher in various fields - it's using a bit of lateral thinking to get the right terms to put into the search engine.

Ah, petunias - they've got jolly big leaves! image