Forum home Talkback

Help please?!

Can anyone help? I have been fortunate enough to have been given an aluminium greenhouse in need of repair & re-glazing. I have push in clips that go in the bottom of the roof channels with a claw edge either side of the channel to hold bottom pane stable, after trawling the internet & scouring garden centres & DIY stores I cannot find any to buy to replace missing clips, does anyone know what they are called & better still where I might be able to get some??!! Many thanks in advance image


  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

    If you can't see what you need on this page:

    please upload a photo as I can't really identify what you mean from what you have written.  The 'glazing clips' on the above page are what are used on 99% of aluminium greenhouses to hold the glass in place.  They are fitted like this:


    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

    I got various clips and bits for mine from ebay. Worth a try?

    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

  • image

     This clip is what I am looking for? As you can see it is holding the glass in on the right but as I only have one for the whole roof section the pane on the left has slipped down over the claw?!

  • Have tried Ebay Lyn but thank you for replying image



  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

    OK, those prevent the glass from sliding down the roof and how that is done varies (on mine, there is a lip built into the frame itself) but you must also use W-clips.  If you fit 3 W-clips to each side of a pane, they should grip it well enough to prevent the glass sliding down.

    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Thank you Bob image was hoping to find these clips too but they really are seeming to be impossible to locate!! image


  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

    If you can try and identify the greenhouse manufacturer, they could probably help, but that may be easier said than done!  It might also be worth sending that photo as an email attachment to some of the greenhouse spares suppliers like the one in the link I used as an example - they may well be able to ID it for you, even if they can't supply the parts. image

    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Thank you again Bob image
Sign In or Register to comment.