Forum home Fruit & veg

Tomatoes, strawberries, onions, cauliflower and spring onions! My progress.

So I think with some of these I planted/sown to late, but here is an update of everything I am growing! 

The two tomato plants, I'm unsure if they will survive due to the time I sown the seeds. 

j

Sorry about all the pictures in one thread, but I just wanted to share! Its not much yet, but soon, once I gain experience there will be more! I also have radish growing everywhere, in between most of the other plants. Mint is also growing, but in a pot! Do you think my plants are doing well and do you have any tips to help my current plants grow to their best ability? Thanks for looking!

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,753

The tomatoes are a bit late but should certainly survive - you'll have a smallish crop but not a bad start. 

Bit late for ordinary onions too - they need a long growig season before midsummer to build up enough leaf to make a decent bulb, but you never know.  There'll certainly be something edible.  Spring onions no problem - they can be sown throughout the spring and early summer and only take a few weeks to mature.

That little cauli looks OK  - you've given yourself a bit of a challenge there, as cauliflowers are reputed to be hard to grow well, but you never know.  Opinion seems to be divided as to the wisdom of allowing strawberries to fruit in their first year, but I daresay if they're well fed and watered they'll do OK.  They all look healthy.

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Hi KB, well done, its such a wonderful feeling when you start to have some success in the veggie patchimage

Ive been growing veg, as long as ive been alive (almost), never yet managed a decent cauli! If you want to fill any gaps, and have some quick results, grow some oriental veggies, they are the easiest things in the world to grow and really fast to mature image

Hope to see more pics soon image