Forum home Talkback

verbascum

Don't worry about the photo - when I click on it it turns the right way up image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,567

Don't know the variety - the colour's like the Common mullein, but the leaves are downier and it does look like a more refined plant - I'm sure someone will know it ... 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,172

I still think its the great mullein. Did you buy it or was it planted by the birds?

I have Verbacum Banana custard this year, and apart from the individual flowers being bigger and possibly a deeper yellow, I see little difference from the type.

http://www.perennials.com/plants/verbascum-banana-custard.html

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,567

I don't know that one Fidget - it's very well named if the colour reproduction on the link is accurate image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 3,368

I've got banana custard and also a self seed of what I assume is a great mullein. The banana leaves seem to be greener than the self seed, even the new leaves.

I can't ID your plant either Pauline although I could put on a pic for comparison; I'm just not sure myself if my self seed is great mullein...