Forum home Talkback

what was your garden inspiration?

Kevin daleKevin dale Posts: 135

Me ? Well it was my dad growing vegetables and watching the good life what's yours if you don't want to answer like Foster's I'm not bitter image

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Hi Kevin, pretty much the same for me, myparents always grew stuff, just a way of life, ive always done it image
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,545

My parents, my uncle and the lovely old man who lived next door to us when I was about five. He had the broadest Yorkshire accent you could imagine and I would go home in great spirits and announce to my mum that I'd "bin rahnd t' Mester Gregory's an' fergotton' to shut dooer on t'utch an t'rabbit ad gor aht int'ut gahden!".

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Kevin daleKevin dale Posts: 135

Thanks bekkie hey pansyface love it ! That's great by eck lass it sounds like Sean bean 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,545

My mother was not amusedimage

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Kevin daleKevin dale Posts: 135

Know what you mean a girlfriend of mine thirty years a go I thought she was fab my mum was not amused ! image

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..buying a house with a garden, which obviously needed tending.... Hessayon's little book on roses set me off...all of a sudden I just had to have 'Frensham'... 'Silver Jubilee'...'Chinatown'...'Just Joey'...and who knows how many more...

Pansy, that chap sounds like wallace, or gromit- you know what i mean image
  • Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Just like Bekkie Hughes - my Mum and Dad - and we always had large gardens so I helped out.  I wanted to help them garden and as Bekkie says it was a way of life and I love getting dirt under the fingernails (they are scrubbed clean before cooking)image

I lived with the "in laws" for a while, they only had grass- i couldnt take it, they came home to me digging the edges up to make borders, luckily they are very good natured! image
  • Lily 3Lily 3 Posts: 49
    Wow Mike, I really enjoyed reading that, what a great life. I was really taken with this thread and was going to add something. But after reading that it seems insignificant. Really hope your keeping well. I lost my mum to cancer 2 years ago.

I'm quite new to the forum ( which im totally hooked by ! ) so really look forward to picking up tips from your wealth of experience. All the best