new greenhouse teething problems

So finally completed my greenhouse and I have a few problems!

firstly its a palram hybrid and the door wont close properly, there is a magnet at the bottom which sorts that and the middle has the lock but the top is sitting out a bit I've tried moving it about but the top still sits out! secondly I installed an automatic vent opener it was closed when I installed it but has opened now and has been open all day, its not a particulary warm day!

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,098

I have no idea what a palram hybrid is like, but where I live its been over 40c in my greenhouse. The automatic opening is probably ok, ckeck at around 9 o clock tonight.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 7,184

I'd second Lyn's advice...........it is surprising how quickly a g/h will heat up .......if your auto vents are adjustable, you can alter them to close/open at a certain temp.

Yours should close down early/late evening (depending where you are and the orientation of the g/h) and open again in the morning as the temp builds upimage

If you are concerned, check the make of your auto vents and contact the manufacture for further advice.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,848

Hello Jody, Never heard of palram hybrids but automatic vents yes. If you have one with a sort of plunger which is screwed inside a tube then all you have to do is turn the screw one way or the other and the temperature at which the window opens and closes will alter. Just a matter of fiddling about with it until you are happy. After each alteration give it a while to register the change and make its own adjustment to the new setting.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.