edging ideas

hello, very new to any gardening! we are currently covering the front lawn with aggregate, but it needs some kind of edging to help keep it tidy and keep the slate in etc. i went and had a look at some edging stones at b&q and home base. i was looking mainly at the simple stone with a rounded top. i was looking for some other ideas? this for our garden was costing roughly£70 tops not including any planters to fill any gaps at corners etc. thank you in advance

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,545

I hate to hear of grass being taken away and stone put in place. But if you have to do it, have you put a fabric down first to stop the weeds coming through. I have used that log roll edging in my garden, may not suit agregate though. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Chris 25Chris 25 Posts: 50

well little sad that you are not keeping a lawn, but if you need a good tip follow the advice given although a tend to use fence gravel boards coated bothsides with a good wood preserver then place into the edge about half the death of the board that way you keep everything within the area .

• we basically have little time to keep cutting grass etc, although the area i am currently doing is not quite half the front lawn so the other side may stay but be less an area then now. 

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Is that a Freudian slip Chris 25.

• Chrissie12Chrissie12 Posts: 24

image Let's hope not Forester 2!!