Forum home Talkback

Blooms on Passion Flower

Some of the buds appear to be wilting and dying before maturing. That said, many buds are blooming and the plant has grown considerably this season. I've been removing the dying buds but nevertheless I'm concerned that something may be going on.

• Usually, that's the sign of a plant that is deciding it can't support the amount of flower, so it sheds/loses some buds. Is the plant in a pot? If so, look to the watering and feeding regime. Sounds as though there isn't much wrong if it's producing some flowers. HC  

• Hello. So I fed the plant and still looking a bit poorly. Two pics posted. What do you guys think? It's been really healthy since we planted last August. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,464

That appears to me to be a lot of flowers on a young plant - as Hortum says it may well be shedding them because it just can't cope.  

I'd give it a couple of buckets full of water, even if you've had he rain that we've had this afternoon. 

If it was only planted last August it's roots won't be a long way down yet, and the ground has been quite dry and the sun has been quite strong and your plant has a lot of leaf area to  transpire in the heat.  

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh