Any idea's please

Can anyone give me some ideas as to what i could do with this on our estate. It's in the middle of a big green and has been let go.I'm hoping the residence committee will let me do something with it to make it nicer.

I'd like to plant stuff that is low maintenance and nice to look at.

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Do you want a natural look or more formal? image
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,448

Oh, I'd love to plant a group of multi-stemmed silver birch right on the top, then under-plant with spring bulbs, primroses and cowslips; then some Cyclamen hederifolium for the autumn

That way it could still be mowed a few times a year and kept neat, but it would look fantastic image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• CoysCoys Posts: 85

Open to suggestions Rebecca, they paid a lot of money to get that done a couple of years ago only for some not so nice kids to come along and ruin it,smashed everything that was planted. Lucky the kids are gone now and I'd like to try do something with it.

nice idea Dove,think I'd take the grass off it though as It's hard to get the main area mowed never mind this bit.lol

If vandlels are a possibility id probably go for some lovely big grasses, verbena boneriensis, rudbeckia etc, reletively cheap, fairly resilient, and can be replaced or added to next year if nothing happens to it this year. I really like Doves idea,but it would be heart breaking and expensive if it got trashed image
    Sorry about the spelling! image
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,448

If vandals might be a problem, plant it up with Rubus cockburnianus 'Golden Vale' - that'd teach them 'consequences' image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,607

Nothing to say on the subject, just wondering whether COYS, represents a certain football team, I do hope so.

Time is never time at all
    You can never ever leave
    Without leaving a piece of youth

Come on you spurs

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,607

YES.

Time is never time at all
    You can never ever leave
    Without leaving a piece of youth