What plant is this

I noticed this year in a local field that this plant with a single pea like pink flower at the top of what I can only describe as a stem similar to that of a snakeshead fritillary. Can anyone tell me what it is please. the flower is about 1/4" across and the whole plant is very delicate and appears in a single patch of grass and other wild plants. The whole plant is about 12-14" high.

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    What an unusual plant, the back of the flower looks like corncockle but not the rest of it,could it be a type of orchid? image
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,090

I can't really see the flower shape but If it's a pea it might be grass vetchling, Lathyrus nissolia. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,722

Think you have it there Nut image - couldn't for the life of me remember what it was calledimage 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Wow, i didnt realise there were large flowered ones, ive only seen the tiny ones image
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,722

I think the size is more to do with the camera angle image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nicedavejcnicedavejc Posts: 10

I think you're right nutcutlet. I checked out the name elsewhere and thats it! It's actually a tiny flower but not as leafy as a vetch. More grassy and delicate. Thank you!