Forum home Talkback

Changing profile photo

Linda 21Linda 21 Posts: 34

I am trying to change my profile photo... get as far as browsing the pictures on my computer and selecting one, but it does not appear to change the standard profile picture. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,322

Hmmm .... you're going into My Settings, clicking on Edit under the standard picture to the left of the page, Browsing, selecting and then clicking on Save? 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Linda 21Linda 21 Posts: 34

Yes, but the strange thing is when I click save on my choice of  photo on the computer it doesn't open, so I can't save it.  It is probably me, as I would rather garden than know anything about the internal workings of a computer so I am probably doing something stupid!

Hopefully someone will have a better suggestion than me - I know how mine works, but not sure about other people's image

Anyway, Good morning - good to see you image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,559

Everything takes ages when uploading photos to the site. Minutes rather than seconds. Did you wait long enough?

Thank you, but I am fed up with being a brown haired non person with a blue T shirt.. I want to put a photo of my garden instead.  image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,559

Yes, that blue Tshirt really doesn't suit youimage

I think it's amazing how you get your foundation so even - just like those scary ladies who work in the perfume department of Debenhams image

You obviously haven't seen the real thing!    Hence why I am trying to put on a photo of my garden rather that me!!!!   I didn't wait for long, because as I said the photo didn't come up when I seleted it, but I will give it another go.  Will report in a bit!

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 16,769

Morning Linda, welcome to gw image 

Hurrah! image

Gorgeous fuchsia!!!

Now we know what you look like - purple face and red hat image