Forum home Talkback

ID Please

Looks like a verbascum to me, one of the big furry ones of which there are several

That's flowers coming whatever it is.

• I agree with nut, it is a verbascum.  It's going to get about 5 feet tall once the flower gets going!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,270

That looks like a very fine verbascum to me too - love it image  Please show us a pic when it flowers.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,922

I agree with Verbascum. It also looks like one of the big yellow ones, which means it is probably biennial, and so it will die following flowering

He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,156

Its not an alpine!!!!!!

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,270
    fidgetbones wrote (see)

Its not an alpine!!!!!!

Chuckle!  No, definitely not!!!  Although I have seen self-sown ones do very well on rockeries - they like well-drained sunny spots image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,555

I would need to see the flowers for that. There are alpine verbascums. 

Where did you get it? Alpine is 'garden centre speak' for small plant. But they're really plants from the high mountains are some are not small.

Google alpine verbascums

That's what I would expect from a GC alpine.

Most of them. possibly all, are biennials so you haven't got a huge plant there that will take over in time

I can't see it well enough sorry.

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    It might be the wild version, great mullain, lovely plant, quite tough image

and bigimage