Forum home Plants

trachelospermum

rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,010

i'm just about to press checkout on parkers websit e to buy a trachelospermum jasminoides for west facing site by front door, area it'll go in is small, say a square foot at the bottom, don't want it much more than 15 ft hogh or 2 foot wide, fairly sunny but there is a large sycamore outside our house that does cause some shade, shall i get this plant? i do want evergreen, the other side of the door is my climbing iceberg, i definitely want fragrance, thanks in advance

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,865

Nothing venture, nothing gain. Mine is in a pot, but it's in full sun. Feed and water is the key when you haven't much room.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • AuntiemandAuntiemand Posts: 46

I adore mine.   It's just losing it's old leaves now, fresh glossy ones coming on, along with the flowers.   Smells divine and the bees like it.

Mine is about 6 years old and roughly 7' x 5'.   It's in a tiny pot - stupidly I didn't think about the longer term.   But I feed it frequently and water well.   When I move I shall repot it or plant in the ground.

Much prefer it to standard jasmines.

• SupernoodleSupernoodle Posts: 954

Buy.  I've got one in my garden plan.  But not yet on the wall image I think they are gorgeous.

• rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,010

just realised as we on hols in 2 weeks i may not get time to plant, and the free gift is an acer which i really have nowhere for, will order in july, thanks for answering

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Is it jparker that you are buying from? You can normally click on a pic on the right hand side of the page which should offer an alternate free gift image