Forum home Plants

help with plant

Hello, We have a Jasmine plant with green berries on.  Do we clip these off or leave them alone?  Also, we have been given two pots with a green and red pepper in.  At the moment they are in 6" pots.  Could you advise please what size pots they will require?  Pat

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,176

Hello Pat, is that the summer jasmine with the smelly white flowers? If so, and it's finished flowering, I'd give the whole thing a good clip to keep it in shape as it is going to set off like a rocket and grow about 6 feet into the air over the next few weeks.

I know nothing about peppers, but someone will.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,134

When my peppers have filled the 6 inch pots, i pot on just once more into 8/9 inch. Put a sturdy cane in, they get  heavy as they grow big

I always take the lower buds off for a start to

allow the plant to grow big and sturdy before flowering.I sometimes go over the flowers with a paint brush, just a little tickle to make sure they are pollinated, not sure if this is really need though. I dont get many bees in my conservatory so just to make sure. I am sure that someone more knowledgable than me will soon correct.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.