should be an arisaema

nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,226

I've been puzzling over this one for hours. In theory I have a list of all seeds grown and all plants acquired. In practice they're all there except the one I want

Can anyone put a name to this one

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 10,585

It looks like a Philippe Starck loo brush and holder.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,226

Might be what it is pansyimage

It's a first class fly attracter

• Invicta2Invicta2 Posts: 663

I know it can't be because they are tropical but it does look like one of those insect eating Pitcher Plants

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,220

I'm really impressed you have a list of what you've grown.

If I'm lucky I turn up a label,  and then I think... I wondered where that had gone.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.

It doesn't seem to have worked though does it fidgetimage

I think it's an arisaema because I've grown a variety from seed and can't think what else it is Invicta. It's hardy though. It's the first 'flowering' but it's been through 2 very cold winters and one soggy one.

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,823

Certainly an aroid of some description. Have you sown seeds of Biarum? Not quite dark enough for Dracunculus though, but it could be.

Hi Berghill. No I haven't  sown those.

I'm going to have a better look through my files later. I'm thinking maybe not arisaema as all my other arisaemas have a leaf or leaves at this point

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,823

What size is this?

• AtillaAtilla Posts: 1,493

Looks like Sauromatum venosum. They grow from seed though I grew mine from bulbs. They through out a large amount of seed and bulbs every year.

It's about 12inches give or take a bit Berghill.

Blairs, I looked at that one in my search and it does look right. I just can't remember sowing/buying/being given it. But I'll be looking out for that one in my files this evening. Thank you