Sizzling Summer Plant Deal

Can some one please tell me if these plants are the type you plant out in the garden and forget and flower every year upon year or do they die off at winter and you have to buy some more?

included, but it has confirmed each pack will contain fuchsias, petunias and geraniums. Other plants it might contain include begonias, dianthus', becopas, asters, violas and bidens.

Thanks

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

Most of those will require TLC over winter. You may be OK with the dianthus.

• figratfigrat Posts: 1,619
    Mostly annuals by the sound of it, the fuchsias, geraniums and begonias could be overwintered if you have somewhere frost free. Dianthus and asters should come up again next year...but you might not get them.
  • pash2pash2 Posts: 83

What do i do at winter?

Petunias will need to be composted. Geraniums and fuchsias brought inside. Collect seed from violas to sow for next year. 

The reason that this is a deal is it is anticipated to be disposable.image

Thanks

So i have just wasted money? £15

All i want is some prertty flowers for my garden to add loads of colour all the green stuff is on one side and the colour on the other but i just want flowers i can plant and forget untill i know what i am doing.

You see my wife has left and i have just got into gardening to occupy me

You have not wasted money, you have probably bought some lovely plants and they will look lovely in your garden this summer(if summer arrives). If you get more than 15 plants it will be a bargain.

40 of them google money saving expert and this weeks e mail

Thank you image

• Green MagpieGreen Magpie Posts: 677

Just think, pash2, if you'd spent that £15 on a big bouquet for your wife, she'd probably still have left you and the flowers would have been dead in a week!  You're going to get a whole summer of plants for your money, and probably some that will appear again next year. If only half of them do well, you'll still have got your money's worth.

For the longer term, you want to look out for herbaceous perennials that will come up every year - things like lupins, chrysanthemums, peonies, delphiniums, spreading geraniums (not the red type) etc. One place to look is if you see any plants sales, summer fairs, etc, in your area, as people often split and sell spare clumps of these plants.

thank you for thatimage