IS THERE SUCH A THING AS 1 METRE HIGH LOG ROLL

Hello folks, first post! I am looking to cover a 1 metre high concrete block wall in my garden and am looking for log roll, but which is 1 metre long (ie. high!). Can anyone help? Does this exist? Advice, sources, most welcome. I am in Derby 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,176

It would weigh a bit, wouldn't it? Can't you just use some close-boarded fencing?

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,474

Not seen any anywhere Andrew.  Have you thought of trying the bamboo screening, or the willow or hazel hurdles http://www.primrose.co.uk/willow-hazel-hurdles-c-65.html?src=scrn_lhc& they come in various heights including approx 1m. 

Good luck image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BizzieBBizzieB Posts: 885

Neighbour has used low panel fencing with trellis top - looks good, was advised that log roll would sag over time. No joy with anything over 9 inches.

Sorry cant be more help. Good luck.

• TootsietimTootsietim Posts: 178

If you want a log roll look, try your local timber yard or sawmill (not diy shed or garden centre ) and see if they have 'half round' posts. These are basically what log roll is made from.

I would fix treated battens 1"x2" horizontally to the wall and then nail or screw lengths of half round pole to these. If the bottoms are kept clear of the soil, they should last a good long time without rotting.

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Im with Dove, screening is a good way to go, ive had some from primrose which was very good, but do have a look in the discount stores too, i know poundstretcher by me has reed screening at the moment image

Would you consider growing something on a trellis? image