Forum home Talkback

SLUGS

So I like many gardeners I have a slug problem.To be correct my garden has the problem not me.Has anyone got a great list of plants that are really slug proof.There must be a few quality plants .

Oh and by the way I never minded how Monty spent HIS money he can buy what he wants.My question was about how much the BBC is spending in HIs garden.He likes his garden but I think it an overgrown wilderness  Where is the LAWN with cosy flower beds the essence of an English garden ? Ah times change or perhaps he should ,  box blight and all

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,753

They don't seem to like thistles much. image

• Invicta2Invicta2 Posts: 663

Hi

I have damp clay soil, so there are lots of slugs and snails. They don't seem to go for plants in the onion family [there are ornamental Alliums] or in the Mint family [Lavender and Rosemary]. Some plants seem to able to grow fine even when being eaten by them e.g Common broom. Shrubs like Rhododendrons, Camellia and Pieris are greatly affected by them. Hope this helps

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,159

Aquilegias,foxgloves,mulleins, seem slug proof.

Forgetmenots don't get eaten, but do provide hiding places.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Invicta2Invicta2 Posts: 663

Sorry

Rhododendrons etc,  AREN'T greatly affected by them.