Newbie unsure what plant this is

chris 26chris 26 Posts: 1

Hi, I'm new to gardening but looking to get started. I figured I should first find out what all the plants are in the garden I've inherited. There aren't many, but this one I'm not sure on and can't think what to type into Google to find out. If anyone would be kind enough to help I would be very grateful.

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener LeicsPosts: 6,486

It's a hardy geranium - a real beauty by the looks of it! image  Someone else will likely be able to tell you the cultivar.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,737

It looks like the one I've inherited here - no idea what it is but it's in lots of gardens round about! I've lifted and chopped loads of it so if anyone wants any...let me know! image

to walk through a forest is to touch the past

• rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 1,983

Definitely hardy geranium, much nicer than the ones I've inherited, lovely

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,690

Possibly Geranium Johnson's Blue - it look very much like it although there are other blue varieties. 

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • SweetPea93SweetPea93 Posts: 446

That's the one my Dad has, and it's quite invasive, but beautiful.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,690

Your Dad may call it invasive - I just call it a good spreader image  He's probably got a tidier garden than me image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,017

What a gorgeous bed of flowers image  Lucky you!!

• it looks like Geranium magnificum, what a beautiful show!

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,242

That's what it is, I kept thinking grandiflorum which I ggogled and found non existent.

Magnificum is the wordimage