Forum home Plants

Make Sense????

Percy-GrowerPercy-Grower Posts: 253

Hi Everyone,

Got a wee problem, and a possible solution, just want to run it bye you good people to see if it makes sense or do you's have any other suggestions...

I want to move my Alpina, problem is it's in a very large planter next to a Honeysuckle in-fact the two of them entwine up the same trellis and each other, and now is the time of year to move the Alpina but cant do this without damaging the Honeysuckle which is starting to come into flower, my solution is to cut the Alpina as far up as i can, that's about 2 feet and leave it in sittu till the Honeysuckle finishes flowering then move it, the reason for this is i don't want to damage the roots of the Honeysuckle at this time of year as it's coming into flower, and i have no doubt both sets of roots are as entwined as the plants above the surface, am i over thinking this or does it actually make sense?

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,875

Clematis alpina?

• Percy-GrowerPercy-Grower Posts: 253

Yes Nut Clematis it flowered brilliantly this year it's just in a place where it's not appreciated at that time of year...

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,875

Makes sense to separate them. I think I'd leave it til autumn but that's just gut feeling not experience of moving eitherimage

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,148

Is the honeysuckle in the ground Percy or in the same container?

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

It's side by side in the planter, i'll nip out and get a picture...

Never thought of that Verdun, don't listen to what other people say about you i think your a genius image image, the reason for wanting it moved was because it's at the corner of the decking where we like to sit out in the Summer months and by then it has already flowered, so was thinking of replacing it with a Summer flowering group 3 Clematis, but i will run that idea bye the boss (OH)...

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,148

I'd agree with Verd - you're likely to lose both if they're together in the pot and well established. Trying to separate them successfully would be tricky image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I hear what you's are saying about the roots, should i risk it..image

Here is a couple of pics, very close together now that i look at it, might have to sacrifice one to save an other...