Underachiever Award

KEFKEF Posts: 8,915

I nominate my tree lilies in photo two image

Who ate all the pies / soz big lily bulbs image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,401

A herbaceous clematis whose name I have forgotten but was a heracleifolia and had a fantastic scent. I don't think it will appear nowimage

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

My hollyhocks . . . they haven't made an appearance this year . . . but then they have to battle through quite a few plants to make a show!

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,232

My Cycad (Jap. sago palm )..........left in the greenhouse too long resulting in  the flush of new fronds  - about 15 this time - being too soft and not developing fully.  As it only puts out new fronds annually, that's my lot til 2015image 

Can't moan too much I suppose as several offsets are now rooted and putting up a frond eachimage

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,422

*Growl*

Just the stupid echinaceas again. They've got until autumn when I'm shuffling the front garden around to overwhelm me or they're gone.image

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 5,340

KEF, I am surprised you did not mention your Meconopsis!

My Lupins have been dreadful, too lazy to do night time slug patrols. I am hopeful for my tree lupins for next year though. Seed raised this year, and already 2 foot tall.

When all the gay geezers got put inside And coloured kids was getting crucified
    A few fought back and a few folks died In the winter of '79
  • Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,754

I planted a few herbaceous perrenial bulbs, corms etc in the spring.  The gladioli have appeared but there's no sign of dahlias or red-hot pokers.  Still, the nasturtiums will cover the gaps...

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,736
    Eremurus, my fault for not asking advice early enough and them being greedy on space. Watch this space next year though!
  • KEFKEF Posts: 8,915
    punkdoc wrote (see)

KEF, I am surprised you did not mention your Meconopsis!

They actually have got plenty of leaves Pdoc, just no flowers. Bronze medal for those. I have a candidate for silver will post another day, but up to now my Gold medal is for the lilies image

Don't think an area of bare soil where Ladybird poppies were sown deserves any merit at all. image

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,754

My ladybird poppies haven't grown either.  Maybe I should try taking them out of the packet....

• KEFKEF Posts: 8,915

Steve they would prob do as well in the packet image