Help identifying mystery plants

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and a novice gardener. I have a number of plants I would appreciate some help identifying. Some may be weeds and some large shrubs that I have no idea what they are. Please see my Flickr photostream:

Fickr Photostream

Thanks in advance for your help and no doubt I'll be posting further questions as I discover my garden.

Littleredhel

• marshmellomarshmello Posts: 683

Second pic, pink flower - is 100% a Aquilegia. Not a weed !!

The one that you call a thistle, is I think, a Amberboa. Not a weed either

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806

Not camellia-but a peony

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

Picture 4 Linarias-Toadflax.

The thistle I think is Centaurea montana-perennial cornflower

• alison224alison224 Posts: 2

Agree with aquilegia, peony and centaurea. I thought pic 4 looked like some sort of currant but there are no fruits I can see so maybe flowering currant. Pic 5 possibly some sort of escallonia, pic 7 can't remember its name but I have loads and they spread like mad - not a weed but can be invasive but the bees/insects love it. Can't be sure what pics 8 and 9 are but I think final pic is red valerian.

I think, pic 4 ( or summer fruiting bush, as you put it ) is a blackcurrant bush, I've been trying to think where I've seen the same shaped leaves before - I have a blackcurrant bush at the allotment and the leaves look very similar.

I miscountedimage 7 looks like Toadflax

• DaintinessDaintiness Posts: 949

1. Hypericum  2.Aquilega  3. Peony  4. Fruit bush or Ribes -any fruit/flowers? 5. Cotoneaster? 6. Centaurea  7.  Euphorbia  8. Cotoneaster  9. Spirea 10.  Valerian

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806

Picture 4 is definitely a currant but could be fruiting or a flowering one image