Forum home Garden design

Oak garden benches

Some benches I recently installed as an outdoor classroom at a local school.

http://www.somersettreesurgery.co.uk/2014/06/03/from-forest-to-classroom/

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,247

Thank you for sharing that Ollie, but if you are trying to sell us anything then I'm afraid you are in the wrong place.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 8,113

Pansyface...........I'm looking for a good garden seat...........maybe Ollie may like to give me one to try out........free of course as I will need to trial itimage

• I'm not trying to sell anything. I actually joined to reply to a post but my response got lost as i joined up.

You're welcome to sit on the bench, its at a secondary school as part of an outdoor learning area, near a public footpath.

I can remove the post if it breaks your guidelines

No Ollie, it's just that there are a lot of people who try to sell things here.

I'm just left wondering about this outdoor classroom business. I know that the education system is under strain but I didn't know that the poor little mites were having to sit in the pouring rain to do their five times table.

• I thought on a gardening forum you might appreciate learning in the great outdoors

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,970

Your benches are lovely. I wouldn't mind one in my own garden. I love the organic shape!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • SweetPea93SweetPea93 Posts: 446

Ollie, I'm pretty certain that Pansy's comment was just a joke... Lets take a moment to start afresh shall we?

Sweetpea, you are right. My jokes are often misunderstood. It's the way I tell 'em.

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 8,113

Ollie...........you sound like a nice person and so I'm sure you will forgive us if we sounded horribly rude.......I actually am looking for a nice bench but as it is currently peeing it down, I shall just have to imagine sitting on your bench in the sunshineimage