Forum home Talkback

baskets

Marg48Marg48 Posts: 24

I have  a plant called creeping jenny in my borders and can be a bit invasive, so earlier in the year I dug pieces up and put it around edges of my hanging baskets it trails and has yellow flowers, and it looks great so won't have to buy so many plants for containers. Do any other gardeners have tips of plants they have put into baskets from existing stock.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,522

I always save the Richardii lobelia and make lots of cuttings for next year and save the seeds from Bacoppa, they germinate very easily. Apart from that, i gro all the contents of my baskets and tubs from seeds and cuttings, never buy anything.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• AlieshAliesh Posts: 179

My daughter has creeping jenny in a large black pot in her back yard

it looks great in contrast to the black pot, i have just put some summer bedding in with it lilac trailing geraniums and some cosmos.

In my mum's yard the bedding geraniums  are still in from last year ! they have lots of flowers on i can't belive  they survived the wiinter. I always intend to over winter geraniums but somehow never get round to it. Will have to try harder this year i might also try and save the seeds of bacoppa,

• Marg48Marg48 Posts: 24

Beautiful Baccopa, will collect seed this year and have go, I get more of a buzz if something takes than if I go out and buy them, many thanks.