Christine Walkden

At Holker garden festival on Friday i had a chat with Christine she was charming and very down to earth.

she is filming a new program at the moment and if all goes well it will be shown later this year

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,478

How lucky to chat to Christine - she comes over as a straightforward no nonsense person.

• rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,009

I read she had a new series, great, any gardening programme good news!

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,040

I would like to see more of her. As well as coming over well, I gather she is very well educated (gardening wise) and not just an amateur who has picked it up along the way, as it were.

Before anyone jumps in, I dont have a problem with amateurs, some have a great deal of knowledge.

Charles Darwin was an amateur naturalist, and look what he did for increasing the scientific knowledge level.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,009

Actually had heard of another new. Programme with month, big dreams small spaces, that is so me! Huge ideas, tiny spaces,Why didn't they ask us? I' d particularly enjoy seeing lovely , mild mannered Monty fend off my 3 year old as she shouted ' GO AWAY OR I'LL THROW YOU IN THE DUSTBInYOU CAN'T TALK TO MY MUMMY' !!!

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,040

imageimage

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • little-annlittle-ann Posts: 879

picture i took for a couple of friends

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,754

She's great on GQT image

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,478

Ditto Steve 309.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 46,979

She has a real smile and twinkly eyes - far more attractive than 'ex model presenters' IMHO image

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.”