Plant ID please

This was growing at Edinburgh Zoo but the staff didn't know what it is, apart from it's probably oriental as it was near the Panda house.

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,407

Could it be a type of anemone?

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,754

The leaves look sort of chrysanthemummy

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

I thought the flowers looked a bit dog rosey, but the leaves don't match image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,623

A type of anemone? 

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • Mark 499Mark 499 Posts: 379

Tree peony?

The flower looks like an Anemone, same in the pic I've posted below (from the internet) but the leaves aren't the same?

• Mark 499Mark 499 Posts: 379

The centre seed pod formation looks like my tree peony as do the leaves

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,030

I agree with Mark.  The leaves look identical to ones in a tree paeony search.  Very pretty.

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

I don't want to upset KEF, but I agree. The leaves are like the tree peony Nut gave me image I have also observed that a lot of peony flowers look a but like roses. image

And as it was near my house I hope I'm right image

I've googled Tree Peony and agree with that, thank you everyone.  That's another for the 'must have' list (I don't know what I'll do if OH decides not to get a season ticket!!).

I've looked at the RHS info and they quite easy to care for so that's ok for me and best planter in Autumn.....perfect image