Forum home Talkback

White bubbles on my lavender

Pops3Pops3 Posts: 2

Over the last four days the lavender has been covered in hundreds of little bits of white bubble 

it looks a bit like the bubble from the washing up bowl 

what is , if it's a problem what do I need to do now 

• SweetPea93SweetPea93 Posts: 446

Something I know!!

It sounds like Cuckoo spit, it's just a little green bug that excretes the bubbly substance, as far as I know it's nothing much to worry about, I've got it all over a hedge, and so long as you don't sit under it, it's no problem at all, the rain usually washes it off.

Have a quick google for more info image

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,198

Yes - SP has it. If it bothers you just wash it off with a jet from the hose or a squirty bottle of water. It's a little froghopper which causes it and it doesn't really do any harm  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• SweetPea93SweetPea93 Posts: 446

This is the first thread I've correctly problem solved, so thank you Pops3!image Hopefully it doesn't cause you too much concern, I'm quite fond of cuckoo spit, it means summer is coming to me!

If you're brave if you move away the bubbles with your finger you can see the tiny little froghopper, I think they're quite sweet as bugs go!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,512

Well done SweetPea image

Have a doughnut 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,753

mmmmmm

with tea please

• Ooh Dove - that's plain wicked - I keep hoping that digging over the heavy clay in my garden will get me fit - not fat!

• Pops3Pops3 Posts: 2

Thank you all 

its the first I've seen since I was kid 

Congratulations sweetpea93

• tattiannatattianna Posts: 182

We used to call this frog spit when we were kids image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,512

No calories in the GW doughnuts GG image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pops3 wrote (see)
    its the first I've seen since I was kid 

Yeah, there does seem to be loads of it around this year for some reason.