Forum home Talkback

last night's GW

Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,419

last night's GW showed Monty Don planting, what he called Dahlia Arabian Night. Watch the programme and google the plant. Arabian Night doesn't have dark foliage and the flower they showed is also incorrect

Devon.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,567

Never mind the dahlias were the aquilegias on?

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,419

aquilegias were , as always , wonderful

Devon.
  • yarrow2yarrow2 Posts: 782

Maybe the editor snipped out the wrong portion.image

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

Perhaps it was Dahlia Karma Choc and he got it mixed up. Not tragic!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,453

Maybe he'd asked for Arabian Night and been supplied with something different - it wouldn't be the first time that's happened to a gardener.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,159

I have a load of seedlings of bishops babies that are doing a lot better than expensive tubers I bought from the garden centre. They're not named varieties this year, but I pick the best seedlings and label and overwinter. My large yellow is currently four foot tall and budding up. It was grown from seed two years ago.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,083

I bought an Arabian Night from Crocus last year.
    I'm sure it had proper double flowers last year.
    It's got an early start this year- 

Am I likely to get double flower later in the season?
    Thanks
    Pete

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • jatnikapyarjatnikapyar Posts: 419

You are right Swiss Sue,so they got the name of the dhalia wrong, it's not the end of the world. The guys who edit the program are not gardeners, so what? The info pertaining to dhalias was correct, wasn't it, or did MD get THAT wrong too image

• I'm saying nowt!   image