Hi All, hope everyone is well.
Just need a few ID's please.
Isn't number 2 a Sunflower? Number 3 a Sowthistle? And number 4 is familiar cos I'm sure I've got it in my garden.
I will try can't do all
3. don't know
4. Buttercup weed
5. don't know
6. don't know
7. Geum rivale, flowers finished turn up fluffy mine have
Thank you both, ah that sunflower came up in a pot of pound shop lupins, they didn't survive but at least I got this. Just looked up Geum rivale Gardengirl, looks really nice!
6 . ceonothus
4 and 7 same plant, wood avens. horrible weed, I put loads in the bin today. I try and pull the little yellow flowers off before they seed and form "bobbys buttons" that stick everywhere.
I'm not sure whether 6 is ceanothus, these leaves are quite big, three or four inches, and it hasn't had any flowers on it this year.
I'll have to look at 4 and 7 again tomorrow. Cheers.
3 weed - don't know name
4 Wood avens - weed
7 - it would be good to see the flower
8 weed - what colour is the flower? if pink maybe a willow herb
1 &2 I agree, one of the hypericums and a sunflower
I think 4 and 7 are Geum urbanum, wood avens get those seeds off before they stick to something.
3 a sowthistle
I don't recognise 8, a few more pics might help
Thank you daintiness and nutcutlet.
OK, so there's a few weeds here. So wood avens are bad? Even if I want wildflowers?
I'll get rid of the sowthistle.
Oh, I'll have to see if that is an Escallonia and if it flowers.
8 seems like some kind of climber, I was having trouble trying to get a good picture, I'll try again tomorrow.
Could 3. be an Honesty seedling which would flower next year?
8. Campion? Some consider them weeds, I love them as wildflowers and have quite a lot.
7. Avens - but possibility it could be Leonard's Variety? which is beautiful.
3. definitely sow thistle - I used to pick them for pet rabbits and the goats.
4. Wood avens
6. Escallonia or possibly ceanothus
7. Wood avens seed head
8. ??? Can we see the whole plant, plus the growing tip and the base please?