Forum home Talkback

Help ID

It is growing very well in a bed along with Mint and lemon balm amongst other things

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p677/LuluTheLurcher/009_zps03926e38.jpg

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,705

It looks like one of the salvias, maybe pineapple sage?

If you crush a leaf, does it smell of anything?

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 9,402

Photo just looks all blue to me but Pineapple sage is normally variegated I thought ?

If it is a herb, rubbing the leaves to get a scent would give a better ideaimage

•  

Just been out and rubbed a few leaves but no smellimage

• landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

That reminds me very much of Pellitory of the Wall, a nettle relative. Strange place for it to grow though, it could well be something else entirely!

Most of the salvias have a smell, so count that out.

In fact most herb leaves have a smell if you crush them.image

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,590
    landgirl100 wrote (see)

That reminds me very much of Pellitory of the Wall, a nettle relative. Strange place for it to grow though, it could well be something else entirely!

That's exactly what I was thinking of Landgirl, but for the life of me I couldn't think what it was called.  It grew all over the front garden at our last place. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Pineapple mint is variegated. pineapple sage has small green leaves and red flowers.

Any sign of flower buds forming Lulu ?  You might just have to wait and see .  Could easily be just something a bird (or the wind ) dropped in if you don't remember actually planting anything similar.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Those little brownish bits are flowers, or at least buds.They don't have much flower powerimage

Fidgetbones.......thanks...........getting them muddled up as usualimage