BARNSDALE GARDEN TRIP.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,038

Don't have any in Norfolk or Suffolk image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,020
    Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Don't have any in Norfolk or Suffolk image

That's good isn't itimage

We have the A1(M), but too far away to hear fortunately. The A47 is loud enough for me.

My mum used to live near the M11 , sirens day and night

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

I understand that when they took down the road signs in WW2 to melt them down and make weaponry, (and make it harder for the Germans to invade should they ever land on our shores), the people of Norfolk were in no hurry to replace them when the conflict was over.  Is that true Dove, or urban myth?  If you had a motorway you might never find it. 

Hey BB, perhaps there's a Mway out there somewhere. We didn't find one between Peterborough and Bressingham thoughimage

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

No.  You were probably stuck on that dual carriageway that goes to Cambridge and the start of the M11, which is often a bit of a bottleneck.  image  And after that it was probably just like it is here - 'I've got a brand new combine-harvester (and you can admire the back bumper at 15mph for the next half an hour).

Ah, the A14 from Spittals to M11. A road to be avoidedimage

They were building one, but in East Anglia there was nowhere for it to go ........ 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Nice one Doveimage

fidgetbones wrote (see)

OK.  So how about move it to Friday 20th June. Meet around midday outside the coffee shop. (inside if wet)

So now how many have we got.

Me, Dove, Nut, Chicky , Busy bee and David K.

Anyone else?

It's in my diary image

Nut, I'll be staying at MIL's so shall I pick you up? 

Dove, I've PMd you