BARNSDALE GARDEN TRIP.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,658

Hello folks image  I've arrived home this afternoon - the OH has done well but the sprinkler is needed on the veg patch.  It was a really lovely day yesterday with new/old friends image  and the gardens were lovely - I think one of the things that stood out for me was some really interesting planting combinations (although there were one or two that I'd not copy).  I've got some pics too, so later on this evening I'll upload them.

I've unloaded a car full of plants (all being given loadsa tlc Panda) image

As for now, a mug of coffee is called for, then the unpacking, and to send OH into the village for beer and icecream image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 8,087

Look forward to more photos Dove...........whilst you're doing the pics, you might just slip an ice cream in too...........it's very hot here...........a large 99 would go down a treatimage

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Lovely pics Fidget, you even got the base of the obelisk that Geoff made from bits and bobs...I remember it well. I loved GW when it was from Barnsdale. Thanks all of you that went for sharing with us. image

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951
    Enjoyed the tour, thank you.

Must go one day.hopefully soon.
  • BizzieBBizzieB Posts: 885

Thank you for sharing the photo's fidgetbones image . The tulip tree is just  beautiful and the dry garden - interesting plants.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,658

An assortment of colour and texture combinations at Barnsdale and a few familiar bits of architecture etc image

This last one's for Punkdoc - to prove that he's not the only one to support his plants a wee bit later than is ideal image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,856

Lovely pics Dove, thank you for sharing. Love the hostas and the water thingy. And the tiny summer house, well all really. Glad you had a great time.image

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

I think the others have summed it up perfectly, and like Nut, I have enjoyed doing the tour all over again!!  We have just got the internet back after an 'outage' which has meant I have now done no work for two and a half days on the trot image.  But, being offline has had the happy result of my planting up all the lovely gifts I was given.  Of course, I wasn't able to google them for size/spread, but I thought I should just get them in and well watered, and think about design later, as long as they are all okay, I can move them as and when!! 

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Fab pictures, glad you all had a lovely day and thank you for sharing image

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Yesterday was Compost master's Conference; today a Compost Event just North of King's Lynn, so have not been able to come onto the forum. Glad so many people took pics of the gardens; they were pretty wonderful. BusyB, am so pleased you have ordered Lady Hamilton Rose, I loved the bronze foliage. Am trying to figure out where I could fit her inimage

Thank you all for such a wonderful day.