Forum home Talkback

BARNSDALE GARDEN TRIP.

• susie61susie61 Posts: 56

Wish I could come too, we don't live a million miles away from Rutland and Geoff Hamilton was brilliant, I have many of his books and watch his DVDs all the time.I am sure you will all have a fabulous day

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,666

Come along Susie - the more the merrier image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Dove, you need to check your emails

where are you susie?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,666

Done Nut image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I have plants that are surplus to requirements that could be brought to Barnsdale

1 Ribes odoratum, yellow flowers, scented. well rooted cutting from last summer

2 pots Begonia evasiana, last year from the little bulbils. Very hardy plant for dry shade eg under trees.

a 2 year old from seed (maybe 3) Paeony, Molly the Witch

3 pulsatilla vulgaris from seed last year mainly standard purple but occasional white 

1 Lathyus sylvestris, climbing pink sweetpea type flower that grows well in shade

any takers?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,433

Could I have a begonia , Nut. ?

It should go under the oak. I didn't realise begonias could be hardy.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

Righto fidget, image

I have allocated 1 white buddleja for Panda via Dove.

three Roscoeas spoken for.

Alsi I have up for grabs

Buddlejas rooted cuttings in globosa, pink, white, or variegated with reddish flowers.

I have lots of touchwood aquilegia seedlings. The  collection numbers are 

1991, 1758, 1966, 1886, 775, 691, 1711, 1722, 1858, 1865, 1683, 1358, 1307.

You can see pictures of the mother plant on Touchwood site or Touchwood flicker photos. They are mainly doubles with yellow and another colour.. apricot, cerise, black, orange, red, purple etc. See Touchwood specials.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Now I definitely wish I could come image 

Of course, as aquilegias are promiscuous little beasts, they could produce anything.....