Forum home Talkback

BARNSDALE GARDEN TRIP.

• SupernoodleSupernoodle Posts: 954

People can think I'm a bit particular correcting my two year old's grammar but how else would he learn? Besides he likes it. He's got a sense of humour and can laugh at himself so we tease at his mistakes and he joins in with the joke. I think it helps him remember.  Won't be that long until he's correcting me....

Nut, Dove, I'm going to get on with you guys - I'm a real ale drinker too. Would love to join a garden visit but may struggle this summer.  With existing commitments I can't take anymore time off work, and weekends are also booked up.  But keep posting the dates and if I can I'll be there like a shot!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,635

Good morning Snoodle image

They obviously don't give you enough annual leave - shall I have a word with them and explain that gardeners need more time off??? image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Yes, please Dove.  After all, it's necessary for our good health.  The stress of a messy garden is debilitating. 

Leave it to me - I'll explain to them that it's my turn to be in charge of everything!image

We could sort out some sort of a meet this summer - even if it's a mini-meet in a pub garden  one warm summer evening ? image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Busy, it is a standing joke image We don't correct everyone - there is a select few!

Dove, mini meet sounds like a lovely idea image I now drink vodka & tonic or boozy ginger beer, but used to drink real ale as a youngster so like it too image

Panda & Snoodle - Perhaps we could extend the East Ruston Day Out into a Long Day Out cum mini pub visit? 

I shall have to look at diary and pick a date for the ERDO or it'll mess up this Barnsdale thread - but at least it's keeping it bumped up.image

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Sounds like a plan Dove image

Dove, the john Innes centre has a "what's in the plots" talk on on Thursday 19th that I'm going to.  Fancy coming along? After all it was you that pointed the centre out to me!image

• So envious. Let us know how the day went. image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,710

It's on the gardeners world 2 for 1 gardens so don't forget your card.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3