Forum home The potting shed

Geoff Hamilton

hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,025

On another thread someone mentioned how much they enjoyed Geoff Hamilton's garden series on DVD. I sent away for it (£8) and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it. I have just watched the 6 episodes of the Cottage Garden back to back - lots of information and tips conveyed in a good down to earth manner. Soo good. Looking forward now to the Paradise Garden set and may even watch the vegetable ones even though I don't grow veg. The best £8 ever!!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

• Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,657

I thought the manner in which Geoff did the programs was just perfection

• Glad it has given you so much pleasure, hogweed.....I've had a copy for years.

Wonder if you would like to see this brief slideshow I took during a visit to his Barnsdale garden......apols to those who have already seen it.

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/DavidKnapper/slideshow/Barnsdale?sort=3

Will we ever be over his loss?  image

• yarrow2yarrow2 Posts: 781

What a coincidence Hogweed.  Mine arrived a couple of days ago and I've been watching the Cottage Gardens episodes today.  I've just started 'The Cottage Economy' episode - but had to break off to deal with blocked drains.  Drat!

It's fabulous!  Especially loved the episode where he had the overlarge in-bud chrysanthemum  'Ruby Mound' and transplanted it with no bother with it blooming beautifully three weeks later.  Great stuff!

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

That is a beautiful slideshow David K.  It brings back so many memories of Geoff in the garden with his common sense approach and making his plant supports. 

I hadn't thought to look to see if there were any dvds of the series but thanks for posting hogweed.  I think I'll treat myselfimage

• mike wmike w Posts: 43

Hi Hogweed

I would appreciate if you would let me know where to obtain the DVD.

Regards

Mike W

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 7,530

Available at Amazon £8 for the 3 series on 3 DVD's
    Will go for it myself. Geoff's easy-going, straightforward style and relaxed manner make for very cozy and informative viewing.

Update - available from the bbcshop.com at £7.99 inc P&P

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Me three image Thanks for posting!

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

Oh dear, I'm ashamed to say I've had those DVDs on the coffee table for over a month and haven't looked at them yet! imageThanks for reminding me, will def. look at them tomorrow.

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

Oh well I shall be easy to buy for next birthday then.  Not that I will want to wait until December....!