Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Geoff Hamilton

On another thread someone mentioned how much they enjoyed Geoff Hamilton's garden series on DVD. I sent away for it (£8) and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it. I have just watched the 6 episodes of the Cottage Garden back to back - lots of information and tips conveyed in a good down to earth manner. Soo good. Looking forward now to the Paradise Garden set and may even watch the vegetable ones even though I don't grow veg. The best £8 ever!!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

• Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,657

I thought the manner in which Geoff did the programs was just perfection

• Glad it has given you so much pleasure, hogweed.....I've had a copy for years.

Wonder if you would like to see this brief slideshow I took during a visit to his Barnsdale garden......apols to those who have already seen it.

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/DavidKnapper/slideshow/Barnsdale?sort=3

Will we ever be over his loss?  image

• yarrow2yarrow2 Posts: 782

What a coincidence Hogweed.  Mine arrived a couple of days ago and I've been watching the Cottage Gardens episodes today.  I've just started 'The Cottage Economy' episode - but had to break off to deal with blocked drains.  Drat!

It's fabulous!  Especially loved the episode where he had the overlarge in-bud chrysanthemum  'Ruby Mound' and transplanted it with no bother with it blooming beautifully three weeks later.  Great stuff!

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

That is a beautiful slideshow David K.  It brings back so many memories of Geoff in the garden with his common sense approach and making his plant supports. 

I hadn't thought to look to see if there were any dvds of the series but thanks for posting hogweed.  I think I'll treat myselfimage

• mike wmike w Posts: 43

Hi Hogweed

I would appreciate if you would let me know where to obtain the DVD.

Regards

Mike W

• Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,340

Available at Amazon £8 for the 3 series on 3 DVD's
    Will go for it myself. Geoff's easy-going, straightforward style and relaxed manner make for very cozy and informative viewing.

Update - available from the bbcshop.com at £7.99 inc P&P

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Me three image Thanks for posting!

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

Oh dear, I'm ashamed to say I've had those DVDs on the coffee table for over a month and haven't looked at them yet! imageThanks for reminding me, will def. look at them tomorrow.

• Busy Bee2Busy Bee2 Posts: 1,005

Oh well I shall be easy to buy for next birthday then.  Not that I will want to wait until December....!